Yields: 24 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 12 Mins Total Time: 22 Mins
- Combine 3 cups flour, yeast, sugar, salt, hot milk, butter, and egg in a bowl of a stand mixer.
- Attach the dough hooks and turn the mixer on the lowest speed and whisk the sides of the bowl until the dough is incorporated, stirring the bottom.
- Increase speed to medium and beat for two minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup flour and mix with dough hooks until incorporated. And another 1/2 cup of flour and repeat, mixing at medium speed for another 2 minutes until a ball of dough is formed.
- Add additional flour as necessary. The dough should be slightly sticky and soft and away from the sides of the bowl.
- Transfer the dough lightly to the ghee bowl and cover with a towel or plastic wrap. Allow rising at room temperature for thirty minutes.
- Remove the towel or plastic wrap and knead the dough by punching it lightly.
- Pinch the dough pieces and make 24 rolls. You can keep them close to the same size to roll. Mine was about 2 ounces each, but it would depend on how much flour you added.
- Transfer the rolls to a lightly increased quarter baking sheet or 9 x 13 baking dish. Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and allow to rise at room temperature for an additional 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook the rolls for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. If the rolls are getting too brown, simply tent the rolls with foil.
- Remove the rolls and brush the hot rolls with melted butter. Serve immediately or store a cold roll in a plastic bag for 3 days.